Monday 16 June 2014

 Hi! and welcome to my blog.

In this article I am going to reveal to you the real ways to make money from your blog.
 If you are new into blogging, then this should be a good head start to start realizing some decent income from your new blog soon, but if you are a pro blogger already, then you might be needing this to add to your professionalism and to boost income from your blog.


Here is a little story I want you to read;

A couple of months ago, a good friend of mine came to me and said he needed to talk to me about a potential internet business idea which he had and wanted my honest opinion about. 

I accepted, and then we went to a nearby restaurant where he ordered some chilled juice with a scrumptious plate of fried rice and fried chicken.

I was excited, not only because we were having a good meal, but because I love helping people, especially those who have the zeal to learn and work hard towards achieving their dreams.
We enjoyed ourselves for a while, and I must confess, it was a good meal.

After a while being busy with our meal, I finally broke the ice;

Here's the rest of our conversation:

Friend: I want to start a blog about ABC.
(I used ABC to represent the niche that my friend wanted to blog about)

Me: That's very nice, but why have you chosen to blog about ABC?

Friend: I want to start a blog about ABC because I’m already seen as an expert in the niche and a lot of people come to me to proffer solution to their problems and challenges, which I eventually help them achieve.

Me: That's very good. Those are very vital factors to look out for when trying to choose a niche that would eventually pay off.

Friend: Wow! so what do you think? isn't it a wise idea I start blogging right away?

Me: Hmmmm...Do you really want to start a blog?

Friend: Of course yes! , or why do you think I came all the way down here to see you?..Is anything wrong with that?

Me: Nothing is wrong with starting a blog, but what’s the business? How will you make money off the blog?
Or haven't you thought about that?

Friend: Hmmm.... I have plans you know. I wish to make money through adverts on my blog and may be when my income rises, I would think about setting up other blogs and websites where I can place adverts too. Don't you make money from your blog, huh?....Doesn't this make sense?

Me: Of course it does make sense. You can make money from advertising. But listen, when you advertize on your blog for other blogs or for any third party advertizing platform, you are the MIDDLE MAN, and trust me, you don't get as much reward as you deserve. Then tell me, would you rather be the "MIDDLE MAN" ? Do you not wish to be the "MAN" instead?

Friend: [head nod]

Me: Very well  then. So, my question to you is this: after you start this blog, how will you make money? How will this blog turn into a real business?

Friend: Um…I don't know what to say anymore..

Me: What comes next? What comes after the blog?
We kept discussing over this same issue of utilizing a blog as a means of making money online.
I didn't stop enjoying my plate of fried rice with chicken, anyways...Lol
Now the silent point of argument remains:

How Can Anyone Turn a Blog into a Business?

I have a feeling you just said, "I know how!"

But, If you are thinking of monetizing your blog by simply using Google Adsense, which eventually would lead to selling advertising space on your blog, then there is one question I would like you to answer, "Would you really call that blog of yours a business?"

Maybe.

But you would be directly dealing with third-party companies to fill those advertising spaces. You would probably be making so little money than you actually worked for...Seriously!, and that's not what you want, is it?

Personally, It was only after taking a cue from some of my favorite bloggers that I knew I had to do something more than just blog to make some real profits. Soon after, I formed my Limited Liability Company and leveraged the authority and trust I had earned on my blog to launch a profitable internet business.
It’s my belief that anyone with a blog, passion, and a good work ethic can do the same thing.

So, as my friend and I sat there eating our fried chicken with rice, we discussed how we could possibly take his idea of “just a blog”, and turn it into some kind of profitable business.

Here’s what we came up with:

Write a hot selling eBook

This is the most logical step for many of us “just bloggers” out there. We already write on a blog, so it’s not all that difficult for us to write an eBook too.

In many cases, we can simply reformat what we’ve already written on the blog and turn that into an eBook. Even though our readers could get most of the same information for free, if you’ve established yourself as an authority, people will gladly pay you for a neatly organized and formatted eBook.

If you’re interested in writing a hot selling eBook that would embarass you with profits, then see  

Must Read..be sure to get your copy. The book contains everything you need to know in order to start an online business of your own, NOT JUST BLOGGING.


Write a Printed Book

Most bloggers do not buy the idea of writing eBooks, but that's okay, because most bloggers utilize the content of their blog to create or come up with an actual printed work.



However, it takes a lot longer to build your reputation as a blogger to have the ability to write and publish an actual printed book (not including those who self-publish via sites like LuLu.com), but doing so can definitely skyrocket ones authority in a niche and income potential as well.

There are indeed several bloggers who have gone to the next level and have published an actual printed book: Why can’t we do the same?

Start a Membership Website

A membership website is probably the most attractive business model for most bloggers who don’t want to be “just bloggers” anymore. Usually, these membership websites have either premium content or exclusive content that cannot be found on the blog and require a recurring payment to access.

Here’s what really makes membership websites attractive:

Let’s say we set up our own membership website and charge a $20 monthly fee (which is relatively low, but a nice round number I can use to prove my point).

In the first month, we sell 50 memberships. That’s $1000.

In the second month, we sell another 50 memberships. That’s $1000, plus another $1000 from the 50 members from the first month. That’s $2000 total in the second month.

In the third month, we sell 100 new memberships. Now we have 200 total members, which is $4000. And so on and so forth…

Obviously, people drop out and don’t stay members forever, but still – profits can add up quickly. Setup your membership site once, and just reap the benefits month after month.

Very good.

Here are some examples of membership websites with premium content:

    Shaun & Cici's  LearningIndonesian.com
    Lynn Terry’s Self-Starters Weekly Tips
  
Create and Sell Courses

Somewhat related to membership websites, you can create a full line of courses to help teach whatever it is you want to teach. The difference between a membership site and selling courses, is that the courses don’t necessarily have to be something that is only accessible online. Think DVD packages and audio CDs.

Here’s a great example from a site that helps people learn how to play the guitar:
 John’s Online Guitar Lessons at LearningGuitarNow.com

Become a Consultant / Start a Service

Many bloggers use their leverage in the blogosphere to actually launch their own consulting or service businesses that are related to their niche. Think about the type of businesses that a successful graphic artist and blogger could create. Or how about a social media expert, or an interior designer?
Yes, these kinds of businesses aren’t as “passive” because they require your direct services (at first), but it’s definitely a viable way to start earning a profit as a result of who you become on your blog.

Sell Something You Actually Make

This wasn’t an option for my buddy, but it might be for a lot of other bloggers. Maybe you knit really awesome sweaters, or build powerful circuit breakers. There’s no reason why you wouldn’t be able to develop a following and begin to sell your creations online.

What about food? (Although – I’m sure there are some strict regulations for selling any kind of food online. Better check on that before you sell your Grandma’s sandwiches online.)

For software developers and coders out there, maybe you’ve created some type of awesome software or program that does something we all wish we had the ability to do, but why not sell it on your blog for some crazy profit?

How about a WordPress theme?

You could also sell wordpress themes on your blog and make an insane income from it.



At the end of our lunch, my buddy thanked me and said:

Friend: From our discussion so far, I think I have a lot of options.

Me: Yep! But keep that enthusiasm you have with your blog, because it can take you places.

Friend: I will. But what should I do after the blog. I mean, what’s my next step? Create An eBook, like you?

Me: Maybe, but I wouldn’t worry about that right now. If you go into building your blog knowing that you’re going to launch an eBook on such and such date, or start a membership website right away, you’re going to fail. Work on your blog, build it naturally with the primary purpose of helping people. If you do that, you’ll gain authority and by then you’ll know what you should do next. Keep everything we talked about in mind so you’re ready when that happens.

But in case you wish to know more about being a super blogger real fast and creating an eBook that would sell in millions of copies, I would recommend you get a copy of my package here

Friend: I'll do just that, thanks Obi.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe For Free

Pages

Social Icons

Social Icons

Featured Posts

Blogger templates

Get Free Updates in your Inbox

Enter your email address:

Delivered by Okafor Obinna's Super Blog

Join Us On Facebook

Popular Posts